4245 Ortega Forest Dr, Jacksonville
NEW PRICE!!! And Way Below Recent Appraisal....This seller is giving you a deal! Beautiful and totally renovated Ortega Forest home designed in 1952 by Florida's outstanding modernist architect, Taylor Hardwick. It rests on .65 acres of sweeping oaks, azaleas and camellias and was designed to recall the farm buildings of the original owner's youth in Virginia. It has now been brought back to life lovingly by the current owners with new contemporary touches that highlight the original design. Upgrades and improvements are listed in the Documents section on the MLS. A few of the highlights in the very large kitchen include Thermador appliances, quartzite white countertops, Energy Star appliances and lighting,a porcelain farmhouse sink, and Shaker solid wood cabinetsFor cooling you have 2 Mitsubishi dual zone hi efficiency 20 Seer 3 ton units downstairs and upstairs a Carrier single zone hi efficiency 15 seer (3 ton) HVAC system.. For the discriminating few there is underground electrical service and interior and exterior LED lighting throughout. Most electric bills average $150/month. The 4 large bedrooms include 2 master suites upstairs. There is a possible 5th bedroom with a fireplace downstairs that could also be a den or an office, all with hardwood floors. The expansive great room and open kitchen have European oak 7 1/2" wood plank floors. On the exterior you will see Sierra Shake premium 1/2" thick cementuous siding and a 2000 sq.ft. stone paver deck. As you can see, the owners have outdone themselves with the very Best. There are so many more improvements but you will have to "wait til you see it!" (Don't forget to look for the unusual "round house" in the elegantly landscaped backyard!
- MLS® #987222
- Full Baths4
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage4,216
- Year Built1951
- Sub-TypeResidential - Single Family
- UtilitiesCable - Available, Sewer - Septic Sys, Underground Util., Water - Public
- Parking Spaces2
- ParkingAttached Garage, Driveway, Garage Door Opener, Keypad Entry, Other Parking, Side Entry Garage
- PoolNo Pool
- ExteriorBrick, Cementitious Siding
- Exterior FeaturesDetached Shed, Hm Service-Warranty, Outside Lighting, Patio - Open, Sprinkler System
- Lot DescriptionRegular Lot
- RoofShingle Roof
- ZoningResidential, Single Family
- Address4245 Ortega Forest Dr
- SubdivisionOrtega Forest
- Zip Code32210
- Interior FeaturesBuilt-in-Bookshelves, Ceiling 8+ Ft., Double Paned Windows, French Door(s), Thermal Window(s), Tile Floors, Vaulted/Cath. Ceil., Walk-in-Closet(s), Wood Floors, EnergyStr Light Fixt, Insulated Doors
- AppliancesDishwasher, Disposer, EnergyStar Appliance, Ice Maker-Refrgeratr, Microwave, Range Gas, Refrigerator, Self Cleaning Oven, Washer/Dryer Connect
- HeatingCentral Heating, Energy Star Heating
- CoolingCentral Cooling, Energy Star Cooling
- FireplacesBrick Fireplace, Fireplace-Living Rm, Frplc-Fam Rm/Den/Gr, Mantle, Wood Burning Frplc, 2 or more Fireplaces
- # of Stories2
- ElementaryJohn Stockton
- MiddleLake Shore
- HighRobert E. Lee
- Listing OfficeBerkshire Hathaway Homeservices Florida Network Realty
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of the Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Engel & Volkers Jacksonsville Beach are marked with the listing broker's name and detailed information about such listings includes the name of the listing brokers. Data provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.
©2019 Northeast Florida Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
This data is updated daily. Some properties that appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have been sold and may no longer be available.
This data up-to-date as of September 15th, 2019 at 2:53pm EDT. For the most current information, contact Engel & Volkers Jacksonsville Beach, 904.998.8277, email@example.com.
Data last updated: 09/15/2019